Friday, May 14, 2010

The End of a Chapter


It's funny how one minute, you feel like you're walking into an entirely new environment sitting across some students you've never seen before and some you feel like you've known forever.

In a nutshell, commencement has returned once again to some people's relief, but to my dismay. This means another year has flown by, but more importantly, some of the most inspiration people in the Class of 2010 are embarking on a new chapter in their lives. Both exhilarating and frightening, I wish them all the luck in the real world even though I know USC has prepared them for the best and the worst.

This summer's plans land me back in summer school as well as tackling two different internships: one as a personal marketing assistant at MetLife Financial Services, and the other as a social media marketer with IFC Advisory. My jobs allow me to apply the knowledge I learned in class about social media public relations and tactics and bring them to fruition in the real world. It's extremely gratifying and, of course, interesting to put this information to the test!

While I have my own chapter to close and start, it feels so surreal -- I'm eager to postpone this process as much as possible and slow down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment