Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jennifer Convertibles is the WORST Manufacturer I've ever dealt with

I'm usually not one of those complainers that yells at customer service just to collect every nickel or dime I can. But when I, as a paying customer, am taken advantage of by a manufacturer for doing nothing wrong, then I'm going to use every avenue of social media I can so that other consumers are aware of how horrible Jennifer Convertibles treats us and that their company loses as much business as it deserves. So it starts here...

If I could give JC -20 stars, I would in a heartbeat without a question. When I ordered the furniture in Los Angeles and shipped it to San Francisco, I was under the assumption that this recommendation would be great. It was cheap and looked nice in the showroom. But when it was delivered, there was a hole in my armchair when I purchased it BRAND NEW. I called 3 different customer service phone numbers and when I finally got a technician scheduled to check out the chair, they forgot about my appointment and didn't even call to warn me. That was after 2 months of my initial shipment.

I complained twice on their website, which they deem as their "primary resource" to improve their customer service, and I received no response. That is probably the joke of the century. I even put my name down to talk to a supervisor and though I was assured that I would receive a response within 48-72 hours, it wasn't a surprise that no one called back.

Seven months later, I finally got a technician to come out to the apartment. Because they shipped material to cover the arm with the hole, it didn't fit properly and now the silver metal is sticking out at the bottom of the chair. The technician, a third party vendor, suggested that I don't approve the fix, so I complied and was told I would be contacted by JC.

Of course they didn't call, so I took the liberty to do so myself. Upon Jennifer Convertibles' direction, I submitted pictures for review and they said it passed quality control after several conversations with their "supervisor" named Meryl. What I don't understand is: "HOW IS THAT ACCEPTABLE?!?!" I didn't do anything wrong and just wanted compensation for this 7 month fiasco. When I asked to talk to Meryl's supervisor, she said it was the VP of Jennifer Convertibles who doesn't talk to consumers. I find it EXTREMELY difficult to fathom that the customer service's supervisor's boss is the VP and couldn't direct me to someone else.

Since I believe I was taken advantage of, I hope other customers don't resort to Jennifer Convertibles. You're much better off going to another local store, getting the customer service and quality furniture you deserve. Might I suggest IKEA or Living Spaces? They receive no complaints from me...

No comments:

Post a Comment