Saturday, February 27, 2010

Another Technological Gizmo -- at my fingertips


Just when I thought technology could do me no wrong, my LG ENV2 phone screen dies on me.

Great...without a cell phone, the whole world seems to be moving a lot slower. And what's worse is that the front panel buttons on that phone hasn't worked for months. After frantically calling the nearest Verizon stores, I called my parents to tell them the not-so-fun news. It's time for a new phone.

Luckily, my dad said that with the 2-for-1 deal currently happening with Verizon, the company is offering two phones for the price of one. But with new activation. As I trudged home to Arcadia (of course, in the pouring rain), I was just fortunate to get anything that would function.

After all the discounts, upgrade credits, and mail-in rebates, my dad purchased the Droid while I received the Droid Eris. As my first smart phone, I'm really excited to see all of the functions it has. I must admit, I have to get used to the touch-screen pad, because my fingers were so used to the flip phone keys instead. Although none of these new technological features such as e-mail, Facebook, and web browsing are new, it still blew my mind probably because it was directly applicable to me this time around.

Changing settings have never been easier, yet I'm still trying to get used to it. I'm especially excited to get GPS with this phone since it's so useful around Los Angeles. It's rare when a car full of people are lost and not one person has a smart phone. The possibilities are now endless, but it might even be a distraction.

Let's just hope I don't drop my phone as frequently as I did before. My dad and I are still contemplating whether or not to invest in the insurance policy. At $5.99 per month plus $75 deductible, I'm not sure if it's worth it. However, the store manager highly recommends it. It makes logical sense, but why wouldn't he say that, anyway? It's just another sale and money going into the company.

So far so good! I like the features and the shape of the phone over the Droid, even though the screen is smaller. I hope I still feel the same way in 30 days!

Update: I left the phone charger at home in Arcadia...

1 comment:

  1. How do you like the Droid interface? I found that it takes some getting used to (like any new gadget) but it's intuitive and works well...yay for Droid!

    ReplyDelete