Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Reflection on My Favorites



After blogging each week, I've started to really appreciate technology in a whole different light. Before this APOC Program, technology was simply a resource for me that I grew up and depended on to get through a crazy, busy lifestyle. I guess you could say that I took it for granted.

Now, it's a way of life. There are so many avenues to explore that I never knew existed. I learned, "Why make life difficult?" If you want something, technology can help you get there quickly, efficiently, and cheaply.

With blogging alone, inputting picture URLs and "bolding" words incorporated HTML. When I tried experimenting with the different options, I had no idea what the miscellaneous characters meant and decided to just delete them altogether.

I am a huge fan of the Google RSS Reader, and particularly my subscription to TechCrunch. It allows me to find exactly the types of articles I'm interested. And I must hand it to TechCrunch, their stories are simple, easy to follow, and very interesting. Although this is a general and relative statement, the articles adequately retain the readers' interest.

Even if you're not a big tech geek, this site is still useful for keeping up-to-date with current, social events in the technology world. We're all living in it, and every facet of life relates to technology in some way. So why not embrace it?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a TC reader too but here's one reason to just enjoy and stop short of "embracing":
    http://venturebeat.com/2010/02/08/techcrunch-payola/

    "TechCrunch isn’t a newspaper, so its staff aren’t bound by the well-established and very strict boundaries given to print news writers. Things are different at the papers. I challenge you to try to buy dinner for a New York Times reporter."

    ReplyDelete